Monday, February 6, 2012

GO FOR THE GOLD



{Caught mid-laugh!}

{Dress/Skirt, Shirt, Necklace: Forever21, Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Chambray Shirt: Frenchi, Rings: H&M}

As  a college student I don't have a whole lot of discretionary income, however, the extra money I do have usually goes to fashion related items :) That being said, I need to make the best of what I have! So, this gold sequined number is really a mini-dress that (thanks to my long torso) is much to short to wear anywhere except some trampy nightclub. In order to incorporate it into my closet I wear it folded over at the top, and as a skirt... problem solved! I loved it with all of the neutrals in this outfit. The chambray shirt dresses it down just enough to make it daytime appropriate (although, still a little cold). 




7 comments:

  1. denim and sequins together is such a fun combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! Such a fun outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. chambray + sequins is the best combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also suffer from too long a torso which hikes dresses up much too high so I LOVE this idea - plus I just plain ole' love anything as gorgeous as what you've got on. Great styling inspiration :)

    Anna xo

    http://lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit, such nice coloures <3

    xxx
    Daria, the Fashionsurfer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen,

    You look gogeous I consider myself to have a long torso even though I am short does that even make sense lol. I love how you paired this outfit so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mix of blush color and gold sequins!

    -Elyse
    For Elyse Clothing Online

    ReplyDelete